In a matchup of two of the state's top four teams in the power rankings, it was the Huskies that won two of the three singles tiebreakers and, in the process, put the first blemish on Basha's previously perfect record.
Basha #2 and team co-captain Rahgan Jensen continued her stellar play of late, coming back from a set down to win 3-6, 7-5, 10-7 in singles, and then teaming with #3 Katie Lesueur for an 8-4 win in doubles. The loss means Hamilton and Basha now have identical 8-1 records heading into the final five matches of the regular season. Chances are good for a rematch down the road in the team state playoffs.
1. Marissa Gautier (HHS) defeated Jewel Brundrett (BHS), 6-0, 6-1
2. Rahgan Jensen (BHS) defeated Anamika Deakar (HHS), 3-6, 7-5, 10-7
3. Jenny Diehl (HHS) defeated Katie Lesueur (BHS), 6-2, 4-6, 10-8
4. Ashley Saunders (HHS) defeated Briley Rucker (BHS), 6-3, 6-3
5. Rachel Beglin (HHS) defeated Chayse Olson (BHS), 6-2, 6-1
6. Janelle Stafford (HHS) defeated Katie Mortensen (BHS), 5-7, 2-6, 11-9
1. Jensen / Lesueur (BHS) defeated Gautier / Deakar (HHS), 8-4
2. Brundrett / Rucker (BHS) defeated Diehl / Saunders (HHS), 8-4
3. Beglin / Stafford (HHS) defeated Olson / Mortensen (BHS), 9-7