Report on the news that matters to your community and don't let us miss a beat. Send in your stories and photos.
My Recent Comments
Thanks, Haddie. It is interesting to note that the last employer Russell Pearce listed in his financial disclosures was Rush Auto Recyclers, Inc. They purchased Cactus Towing. According to the article you posted, Mr. Pearce's son was hired as a truck driver by Cactus. Mr. Pearce said as well that he could probably get a job there. Apparently, he did. Moreover, since the article regarding the sale was published on June 25, 2006, it appears that he was lobbying for his future employer. See the article here:
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/549406/junkyards_to_auto_recycling_success_story Sep 18, 2011
And by the way. GR&dad, if only half are true, that would be sufficient to disqualify him. I would not EVER vote for a wife beater. How about you?
Sep 16, 2011
Gr&dad, Which one would you like me to prove? I will be happy to oblige you.
Sep 16, 2011
Oh and by the way, hcsnell, I am a lifetime Republican and live in Mesa. I am solidly conservative. I am not part of the Parraz team. But thanks be to that team for their efforts in helping raise the bar in Arizona politics. Sep 16, 2011
Not hate, hcsnell, more like pity. No pots calling kettles black either. Mr. Pearce has simply disqualified himself as a representative of the people of Arizona. If I have misstated one fact, please let me know and I will be glad to correct it.
It is sometimes hard for people to change allegiances -- just like we see the die hard supporters of President Obama doing. However, at some point, people have to look at the situation and re-evaluate. That is what Mesans are doing.
Simply stated, Arizonans are fed up with Mr. Pearce. We need someone with integrity to represent us. He has none and will be removed from office as is befitting his "resume." Sep 16, 2011
I hope Mr. Pearce brings his resume along with him to share with his constituents:
-Fired from MVD for fixing MVD records for friends
-Lied about $38,000 in tickets from Fiesta Bowl
-Lone voter against enhanced penalty for violence against pregnant women
-Supporting his boy Bundgaard despite Bundgaard's admitted abuse of his girlfriend
-Unconstitutionally barred citizens from Senate Building and lied about doing so
-Sought to directly violate the Constitution with his hair-brained "birther" bill
-Works against fellow Republicans who don't espouse his hateful stances
-Funded almost entirely by out-of-state interests
-Running against Randy Parraz and not his actual opponent, Jerry Lewis
-Pathological liar: "I know people who know Olivia Cortes" - no Russell, you are behind her 100%
Even folks who may agree with him on immigration issues are tired of his total lack of integrity, morals and ethics.Sep 16, 2011
There are many who agree with Russell Pearce on immigration but who are tired of the way that he is doing his job. A few things that have surfaced:
* He has a history of abusing his spouses (yes, Lu Ann is his second victim).
* He took $38,000 in benefits from the Fiesta Bowl and then said he paid it all back (lie).
* He created a hit list of those who were not permitted in the Senate Building and then lied that he hadn't done so. Capitol Police confirmed that he did this.
* He and his cronies are bullies when it comes to Republicans who do not march lock step with him. Ask Bill Koponicki [(R) Safford]about the threats he received when he voted against one of RP immigration bills.
* He often cites the 10th amendment saying the "federal gov'ment" shouldn't tell states what to do but he is constantly foisting his demands on cities and counties (and often without providing the funding necessary to implement his directives).
* He misapplies the clear language of the Constitution to foster his xenophobic views. The 14th Amendment says your child is an American if it is born here.
* He's behind stealth candidate Olivia Cortez, an Hispanic Mormon, in his attempt to take votes away from other candidates.
* He claims that the recall is being fueled by outsiders, but when you look at his campaign contributors for 2010, he received about 90% of his contributions from out of his district (18) and a majority from out of state. Just look who's behind him now, ex-senator Bay Buchannan from Texas and ex-represenative Tom Tancredo from Colorado. He's a puppet for out of state interests, plain and simple.
* He is purposefully trying to confuse the issues in the recall by focusing on Randy Parraz instead of the other candidate. Parraz is not a candidate.
Simply stated, the more we know about Russell Pearce, the more we don't want him to be involved in governing our state. He is a proven liar and will say or do anything to keep in power. Sep 13, 2011
Pearce is an embarrassment to the State of Arizona. He is a demonstrated liar and spouse abuser and will do anything to get elected as he, Mr. Western and Mr. Tolman have so well demonstrated. He loves the Constitution only to the extent that he can twist it to gain power. He loves the law only to the extent that it does not get in his way. Right thinking conservatives in District 18 will throw this sorry excuse for a legislator out because he deserves it. It won't be Randy Parraz or the Democrats, it will be his own party and that will make it all the sweeter. So long anything-for-free-tickets Pearce.Sep 12, 2011
Pearce's old adversary in the 2010 election, Andrew Sherwood, reported a similar conversation here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150437232899408Sep 12, 2011
Gary Nelson from Channel 10 did the same thing. See it here:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2011/09/08/20110908mesa-pearce-recall-election-olivia-cortes-campaign0908.htmlSep 12, 2011