Report on the news that matters to your community and don't let us miss a beat. Send in your stories and photos.
My Recent Comments
Brilliant idea. The government has been taxing small business into the grave and this is finally being recognized.
• Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
• Employ half of all private sector employees.
• Pay 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll.
• Generated 65 percent of net new jobs over the past 17 years.
• Create more than half of the nonfarm private GDP.
• Hire 43 percent of high tech workers ( scientists, engineers, computer programmers, and others).
• Are 52 percent home-based and 2 percent franchises.
• Made up 97.5 percent of all identified exporters and produced 31 percent of export value in FY 2008.
• Produce 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms.
Source: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Census Bureau and Intl. Trade Admin.; Advocacy-funded research by Kathryn Kobe, 2007 (www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs299.pdf) and CHI Research, 2003 (www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs225.pdf);U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.Nov 20, 2010
I love the all the haters who think anyone who smokes pot is going to ruin the country. When is the last time anyone heard about someone who smoked way too much weed an went on a killing spree? Most likely they'll toke up and go out on the town for a spree of fast food sampling and driving 15 mph under the speed limit. Get a grip people; most pot smokers are more responsible individuals than the critics who have 3 or 4 alcoholic beverages then drive themselves home from the country club.Nov 13, 2010