Saturday's stars, Andre Woodson, Kentucky, completed 26-of-33 passes for 301 yards and a career-high five touchdowns and the Wildcats defeated Florida Atlantic 45-17.
• Andre Woodson, Kentucky, completed 26-of-33 passes for 301 yards and a career-high five touchdowns and the Wildcats defeated Florida Atlantic 45-17.
• Thomas Brown, Georgia, rushed for 180 yards and three touchdowns in the Bulldogs’ 45-17 win over Mississippi.
• DeSean Jackson, California, had 11 receptions for 161 yards and two touchdowns in the Golden Bears 31-24 victory over Oregon.
• Nick Graziano, Nevada, completed 20-of-38 passes for 330 yards and three touchdowns, and the Wolf Pack hung on to beat UNLV 27-20.
• Jeremy Trimble, Army, scored two touchdowns and had 253 all-purpose yards in the Black Knights 37-21 win over Temple.
• Marcus Thomas, UTEP, rushed for 207 yards and three touchdowns, to lead the Miners to a 48-45 overtime victory over Southern Methodist.
• Darren McFadden, Arkansas, rushed for 138 yards and two touchdowns, all in the first half, to lead the Razorbacks past North Texas 66-7.
Kyle Wright returned from an injury to throw a game-sealing touchdown pass to DajLeon Farr with 2:15 left, and Miami escaped an upset bid by Duke for the second straight year by beating the Blue Devils 24-14 on Saturday.
Southern Illinois used four first-half turnovers in a 72-10 blowout of Indiana State on Saturday. The Salukis scored seven rushing touchdowns and returned an interception for another score as they set a Gateway Conference record for most points scored in a league game. Southern Illinois opened the game with three rushing touchdowns in the first quarter and led 55-10 at halftime.
Strong in defeat
Iowa’s Jake Christensen passed for 308 yards and three TDs but the Hawkeyes lost to Indiana 38-20. ...
Michael Mayers set a Southern Conference record with 225 kick-return yards and 387 all-purpose yards. He also caught 14 passes for 162 yards in Elon’s 49-32 loss to Appalachian State.
Auburn beat Florida 20-17 on Saturday. The loss snapped an 11-game winning streak for the defending national champions and gave the Gators their first home loss under coach Urban Meyer. They had won 18 in a row, 17 straight since Meyer took over in 2005.
Miami (Ohio) snapped a seven-game home losing streak with a 17-14 win over Syracuse on Saturday. ... Syracuse had its 14-game winning streak against Mid-American Conference teams snapped in a 17-14 loss to Miami (Ohio).
Michael Crabtree tied a freshman record for TD catches as Texas Tech beat Northwestern State 75-7 on Saturday night. Crabtree finished with eight receptions for 145 yards, and three touchdowns.
Andre Callender ran for 115 yards and two touchdowns to lead No. 12 Boston College past rival Massachusetts 24-14 on Saturday. The Eagles (5-0) has not opened a season with five straight wins since 1954. ... Andre Dixon ran for 116 yards and Tyvon Branch ran a kickoff back 97 yards for a touchdown to spark undefeated Connecticut to a 44-10 win over Akron on Saturday. The 5-0 start is the best for a UConn team since 1995 when the Huskies went 6-0 as a Division I-AA school. ... Kory Sheets rushed for 141 yards, and Purdue beat Notre Dame 33-19 on Saturday to keep the Irish winless. The Boilermakers (5-0), are off to their best start since 2004. ... Hawaii beat Idaho 48-20, to improve to 5-0 — 2-0 in the Western Athletic Conference — for the first time since 1981, when the Warriors started 7-0.