Mesa Soccer Club is offering a developmental league with professional training for players 5 to 9 years of age. "It’s a great program for kids who wish to learn how to play soccer," said league organizer David Cruz.
The 2006 spring program, for children born between Aug. 1, 1996 and Jan. 31, 2001, will begin practices around Feb. 13 at sites in Mesa. Games will start Feb. 18 and will be played on Saturdays.
Cost is $75 per child, if registration is postmarked by Sunday, $85 thereafter. Registration ends Jan. 30. Mail registration to P.O. Box 20211, Mesa, 85277-0211.
For information call (480) 396-8607 or e-mail Cruz at email@example.com.
Also going on in Scottsdale, the East Valley and elsewhere:
• Mesa American Little League will begin its spring baseball and softball registration for players ages 5 to 16 on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rhodes Junior High School. Additional registration is available on Jan. 28 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visit www.mesalittleleague.comor call (480) 345-0963.
• Gilbert American Little League is registering players for its baseball and softball season. Visit www.gilbertlittleleague.com for registration forms and general information or call (480) 988-4832. The season begins March 26.
• Gilbert National Little League needs players for youth baseball and softball (ages 5-16). Registration will continue through January for the season, which begins in March. Visit www.gilbertnational.org.
• Chandler Youth Baseball will be registering for its 2006 spring season every Saturday in January at Skateland (Ray and Alma School roads). Leagues are available for players ages 4-18. Visit www.cybb.org for more information.
• Applications are being evaluated for the Ten Star All-Star Summer camp, which boasts former participants such as Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Vince Carter and Grant Hill and will be held around the United States, including in Prescott. For a brochure, call (704) 373-0873.
• Red Mountain Multigenerational Center in Mesa will give away two free three-month family passes in a random drawing in early February. Entry forms can be found in the Spring 2006 edition of Time-Out, the Mesa Community Services Department’s program brochure, available at Mesa libraries, parks and recreation offices, and online, at www.cityofmesa.org/timeout. Entry forms may also be picked up at the center at 7550 East Adobe or online at www.redmountaincenter.com. Deadline for entry is 5 p.m. Feb. 3. For more information, call (480) 644-4800.
• Riverview Golf Course, a municipal nine-hole course in Mesa, is offering clinics and lessons. The clinics, which are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels are at 9 a.m. every Saturday, for a fee of $5 per person. The first Saturday of each month is free. Each clinic includes group demonstration and instruction, private instruction, range balls, plus coffee and doughnuts. For more information call (480) 644-3515 or visit
• The Itty Bitty Open for 3-, 4-and 5-year-old golfers will be Jan. 21 at 15 Valley parks. The event is free. Call (602) 944-6168 or visit www.jgaa.org.
• Mesa Soccer Club will be honoring its founder, Dr. Daniel Kuntz, at a Feb. 3 dinner preceding its fund-raising tournament on Feb. 4 at Arizona Golf Resort in Mesa. The dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. and cost is $35. The tournament is set for an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start and costs $99 per player. Contact David Cruz at (480) 396-8607, visit www.mesasoccerclub.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lil Hammers youth soccer program, sponsored by Chandler Parks and Recreation, will conduct a sixweek (Jan. 31-March 11) program for youths ages 4-7 at Snedigar Complex in Chandler and Goodwin Park in Tempe, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Visit www.lilhammers.com or call Brett Epstein at (480) 650-1290.
• Camp featuring hitting, fielding, throwing, catching and base running at Seton Catholic High School (1150 N. Dobson Road, Chandler) for players in fifth through eighth grades will be Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $40. Call Jerry Mullin at (480) 963-1900, Ext. 2025 for information.
• Arizona Elite Track and Field Team (age 6 through masters skill level) will meet Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Scottsdale Community College (Room 257 adjacent to the fitness center). Visit www.eteamz.com/arizonaelite, call (480) 279-5382 or write email@example.com.
• Arizona Water Polo is looking for high school players for the spring season. Practices begin next week at Brimhall Junior High in Mesa, Arizona State and Chandler High School. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (602) 418-0917 for details.