The 2007 Pat’s Run in Tempe, to benefit the Pat Tillman Foundation, is set for April 7 at Sun Devil Stadium.
The 4.2-mile run/walk is $25, the team (five or more members) 4.2-mile run/walk is $25 per person and the kids’ .42-mile run is free.
Online registration is open through April 3; walk-up registration will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 4-6 at the Sun Devil Stadium ticket office and registration will also be available from 6 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. on race day.
All races will finish at the 42-yard line in Sun Devil Stadium. Visit www.patsrun.com for information.
Also going on in Scottsdale and the East Valley:
• Arizona Diamondbacks Training Centers will host baseball and softball clinics in Paradise Valley and Scottsdale during spring break. The weeklong camps feature more than 15 hours of instruction on hitting, fielding and pitching for children ages 6-12. Registration is $150. Call (800) 821-7152 or visit dbacks.com/camps.
• Garden of Gears, Arizona’s oldest travel baseball team, has openings for the 14-and-younger and 18-and-younger teams. Visit www.gardenofgears.com or call Bill Moore at (602) 980-2372.
• Late registration for Tempe South Little League (juniors — ages 13 and 14 and seniors — ages 15 and 16) is available at www.tempelittleleague.com or by calling (480) 598-4090.
• Stapley Junior High’s annual spring camp will start Tuesday and run through May 10 for children in grades 5-8 and will be every Tuesday and Thursday evening. Cost is $75. Visit mpsaz.org/athletic or call John Huckleberry at (480) 472-2746 or Rory Richeson at (480) 330-9072.
• Basketball Congress International tips off the 2007 tournament season around the Valley later this month for all ages and levels. Entry fee is $350 per team plus $50 for non/BCI members. Visit www.arizonabci.org.
• Basketball Court Academy in Gilbert will offer several sessions for various ages, including a spring break shooting camp and a fundamental league (30 minutes instruction, 25 minutes game play) on Saturdays from March 24 through April 28. Visit www.thebasketballcourtacademy.com or call (480) 633-3636.
• Boy Scout Troop 286 will benefit from an April 28 tournament scheduled for an 8 a.m. start at Kokopelli Golf Club (1800 West Guadalupe Road, Gilbert). Cost is $60 per person. Reservations can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dee Adams at (602) 319-6912.
• The 11th annual Chandler Golf Challenge will be April 13 at Bear Creek Golf Course (500 E. Riggs Road). The charity tournament is open to the public and benefits Chandler’s Special Olympics programs and people with disabilities. The shotgun start is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. followed by a dinner and the award presentations. Entry fee is $90 and foursome and sponsorship packages are available. Call Collette Jones at (480) 782-2709 or go to www.chandleraz.gov/golf.
• The “Putt for Parks” Golf Tournament is April 28 at Kokopelli Golf Club (1800 West Guadalupe Road, Gilbert). The tournament is a four-person scramble and with women’s, men’s and co-ed flights. Cost for the 18-hole event is $75 per player. Shotgun start is at 8 a.m. and the deadline to register is April 13. Contact Cheryl Fischer at (480) 644-2197, email@example.com or www.azpra.org.
• The McDowell Sonoran Conservancy in Scottsdale offers several free public hikes each month which begin at 8:30 a.m. They will be led by experienced volunteers who are schooled in desert subjects. Plan to arrive at the meeting place about 15 minutes before departure time. For detailed directions to the meeting places visit
• Velocity Sports Performance Scottsdale is offering camps and clinics, complete with a training lunch, for athletes entering grades 6-12 and an NCAA program for entering freshman and current collegiate athletes. Visit www.azvsp.com or e-mail scottsdale@velocitysp. com.
• Tri for the Cure scheduled for May 12 at Tempe Town Lake is a sprint triathlon (750-meter swim, 12-mile bike ride, 3.1-mile run) for women only to empower women and raise funds for breast cancer research. There will also be an expo in conjunction with the event. Visit www.redrockco.com/triforthecure.htm.
• Gilbert Youth Soccer Association is accepting registrations for the fall season, which runs Sept. 15 through Nov. 17. The league is for children 4 to 18 years of age, with games taking place at the Gilbert Soccer Complex. During April, the cost is $65 when registering online and $70 mail-in. Sibling discounts are available starting with the third child. The fee increases by $10 on May 1. Visit www.azgysa.com or (480) 926-0764.
• Gilbert is seeking umpires for its Youth Spring Ball Program, a noncompetitive tee-ball, softball and baseball league that runs April 2 to May 12. The pay is between $8 and $15 per game, depending on division. Umpires must be at least 15 and experience is not necessary. A training clinic will be held Saturday. Call (480) 503-6253.
• Valley of the Sun YMCAs are offering a free Y Splash Water Safety and Swimming Program for children ages 6 months to 12 years. Visit www.valleyYMCA.org or call (602) 404-9622.
To submit an announcement send a fax to (480) 898-5665 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.. Items can be mailed to the Tribune, Attn: Billye Jill Paulson, 120 W. First Ave., Mesa 85210.