This time of year most Little League programs have completed their regular seasons and are advancing to state and regional tournaments.
Many of these programs need help with expenses to continue postseason play.
One such program that has been brought to my attention is the juniors division of the Tempe Guadalupe All-Stars.
These 13- and 14-year-olds went undefeated in District 13 championship play and are preparing for action at the state tournament July 14-17 at Lake Havasu.
The winner advances to regional play in Oregon, with the goal of representing the state at the Junior League Baseball World Series in Taylor, Mich.
The Tempe Guadalupe All-Stars are looking for sponsors to help with expenses to get to Lake Havasu. To make a donation to the All-Stars contact coach Ty Holland at (480) 820-4462.
Coaches are encouraged to send an e-mail (email@example.com, Attn: B.J. Paulson) or fax to (480) 898-5665 detailing your team’s progress and postseason schedules.
A future column will list area programs which could also use help from their communities to assist youngsters as they represent the East Valley.
Also going on in Scottsdale, the East Valley and elsewhere:
• Chandler Youth Baseball will be registering for its fall program July 16 and July 30 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Chandler Community Center. Visit www.cybb.org.
• Diamondbacks Training Centers will offer youth baseball and softball camps around the state throughout the summer. Camp sizes are limited, and instructor to student ratios monitored for hands on learning. Registration includes a Diamondbacks hat, Tshirt, wristbands and two tickets to a 2005 Diamondbacks home game. Visit www.dbacksoutreach.com or call (800) 821-7152.
• The National Adult Baseball Association needs players and/or teams 18 years of age and older for its wood bat season which starts July 24. Call Allan Ross at (602) 577-7884 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Matt Williams Baseball Mesa Division will conduct registration for youth ages 4 to 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at AMF Apache Lanes (816 E. Main in Mesa) Saturday, July 16, July 23 and July 30. Visit www.mattwilliamsbaseball.com, write Lmerrix@cox.net or call (480) 232-5344.
• Fountain Hills High School coach Tim Gray will conduct a camp for girls ages 10-14 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., July 25-29 at the school. Cost is $90. Write email@example.com or call (480) 907-8326.
• Deadline to register for the Mid America Youth Basketball National Tournament, scheduled for Aug. 4-7 in Wichita, Kan. (boys), and Stillwater, Okla. (girls), is July 15. Registration is open to players in fourth through 12th grade. Visit www.mayb.com or call (316) 284-0354.
• Registration for Chandler Youth Football will be Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Bogle Junior High (1600 W. Queen Creek Road, Chandler) for tackle (ages 7-15, 45-160 pound, $125), cheerleading (ages 6-15, $100) and flag (ages 5-8, $75). Call (480) 598-9244 or visit www.cayfl.net .
• Hawk Kids Camp for children in grades 5-8 will be Monday through July 14 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Highland High School football field. Cost is $40, $50 on day of camp. Call Preston Jones or Matt Feuerbacher at (480) 813-0051.
• Mesa Eastern Pop Warner will conduct registration Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the community room of the fire station (southwest corner of Mesa Drive and First Street, behind the station). Call (480) 844-6111 or visit
• Arizona Competitive Youth Football League, ACYFL, is now registering for the fall season of youth tackle football and cheerleading (ages 6-18). Call (480) 840-1472, write firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.acyfl.com.
• The Arizona Cardinals will host an NFL Flag Football skills camp July 14-15 for players ages 8-18 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the South Phoenix Salvation Army (1351 E. Broadway). Cost is $40. Contact Mo Streety at (602) 379-1835.
• Shalimar Golf Club in Tempe is seeking coaches to help teach Special Olympians on the third Sunday of each month. Call John Gunby at (480) 838-0488.
• I9 Sports will offer fall programs throughout the East Valley including lacrosse, football and soccer leagues and clinics and camps for youths ages 3-15. Visit www.i9sports.com or call Ed Straker at (480) 970-1401 or write email@example.com.
• Chandler All-City Volleyball Skill Camp for youths in grades 6-8 will be from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on July 26-28 and team camp for grades 9-12 will be Aug. 2-4 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Cost is $30. Contact Darrin Ashment at (480) 221-8600.