Barry Wong - East Valley Tribune: Azunplugged

Barry Wong

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:43 am | Updated: 11:44 am, Wed Aug 18, 2010.

Your life depends on the Corporation Commission.

I am Barry Wong, a Republican candidate for Arizona Corporation Commission. I pledge to assure adequate and reliable delivery of ENERGY - from many sources including nuclear, clean coal, solar, wind and natural gas to avoid power brown- and blackouts, WATER-providing clean and reliable water with conservation plans recognizing that we live in a desert and are in drought condition, and at low RATES - keeping prices as low as possible. Further, I will work to shut down costly investment fraud which greatly impacts our seniors as well as all residents.

Energy, rates and water are areas critical to Arizona's future requiring strong leadership. I have the education, experience and commitment to work for Arizonans to achieve these goals.

Appointed by the Governor in 2006 to the Corporation Commission to complete the remaining term of another Commissioner, I was involved with all aspects of Commission work including energy, rate hearings, investments, and railroad and pipeline safety. As Commissioner I helped establish the Renewable Energy Standard adding solar, wind, geothermal, biomass to the overall power mix. Further, nuclear, clean coal and natural gas generation has been and will continue to be part of the energy mix.

I am a native Arizonan with a B.S. in Accounting from ASU, a Law Degree from UA and a Leadership Certificate from Thunderbird School of Global Management; previously served four terms (1993-2000) in the Arizona House of Representatives championing technology, higher education, renewable energy and small business as well as controlling the size of government by cutting taxes and spending.

Learn more about me and my campaign by visiting www.BarryWong.com.

• Discuss

Video: Wilkins Learning Center's Success with Best of Gilbert

Business has soared at the Wilkins Learning Center after being named "Best Preschool" in the E...

Your Az Jobs