Boy electrocuted as storm hits Tucson ballfield - East Valley Tribune: News

Boy electrocuted as storm hits Tucson ballfield

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:00 pm | Updated: 10:54 pm, Fri Oct 7, 2011.

TUCSON - Fire officials say an 8-year-old boy was electrocuted as fellow spectators and ballplayers rushed to get out of a storm at a Tucson ballfield.

The Tucson Fire Department initially received a report that the boy had been hit by lightning.

However, department spokeswoman Capt. Tricia Tracy says the boy was standing in a puddle about 10 feet from a light pole and could have been shocked after lightning struck the pole Friday evening.

She says the boy was taken to University Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.

Police spokesman Sgt. Mark Robinson says the boy was pronounced dead Friday evening.

The boy's name hasn't been released.

  • Discuss

Facebook

EastValleyTribune.com on Facebook

Twitter

EastValleyTribune.com on Twitter

Google+

EastValleyTribune.com on Google+

RSS

Subscribe to EastValleyTribune.com via RSS

RSS Feeds

Spacer4px
Your Az Jobs