Mesa toddler burned by bowl of hot soup - East Valley Tribune: News

Mesa toddler burned by bowl of hot soup

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 1:36 pm | Updated: 8:10 pm, Fri Oct 7, 2011.

A 15-month-old Mesa boy was flown to Maricopa Medical Center with serious burns over 27 percent of his body after he pulled a bowl of hot soup onto himself Friday.

Fire officials said the boy, who lives in an apartment near Southern Avenue and Stewart, was flown to the hospital about 1 p.m. with what appeared to be second- and third-degree burns.

Officials believe the incident was accidental, and the boy likely pulled the soup down after it had been taken out of the microwave.

  • Discuss

EVT Ice Bucket Challenge

The East Valley Tribune accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Facebook

EastValleyTribune.com on Facebook

Twitter

EastValleyTribune.com on Twitter

Google+

EastValleyTribune.com on Google+

RSS

Subscribe to EastValleyTribune.com via RSS

RSS Feeds

Spacer4px
Your Az Jobs