Several freeways will close or be restricted this weekend for roadwork, including the Loop 101, U.S. 60 and Interstate 17.
The restrictions include:
• Northbound Loop 101 Pima Freeway will close from Indian School Road to Shea Boulevard from 9 p.m. today until 5 a.m. Monday. The main detour route is Hayden Road, but the Arizona Department of Transportation warns it could become congested. Drivers should also consider using state Route 51.
• Eastbound U.S. 60 will close from Ellsworth to Mountain View roads from 9 p.m. today until 5 a.m. Monday.
• Westbound Loop 101 will be narrowed to one lane from Scottsdale Road to 56th Street from 10 p.m. today until 8 a.m. Saturday. The same section will be narrowed to two lanes from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. Sunday and from one lane from 10 p.m. Saturday until 9 a.m. Sunday.
• Interstate 17 will close in both directions at the Carefree Highway interchange from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. on Sunday. The closure will continue through Thursday night.
• Northbound state Route 347 will be narrowed to one lane from Riggs Road and I-10 interchange from 6 p.m. Saturday until 6 a.m. Sunday.
• Southbound Loop 101 Price freeway on-ramp at Ray Road will close from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. • The southbound Loop 101 off-ramp at Chandler Boulevard will be narrowed to one lane at the same time.