Have you been laid off? Do you need immediate employment? Or do you need to change careers due to declining jobs in your occupational field? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions Maricopa Workforce Connections WIA Dislocated Worker program is for you!
The Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program can connect you to employers, job-readiness workshops, occupational training and other services to get you the “right” job or to help you find a new career.
Career Guidance Specialists and Training staff are available to:
• Help you investigate your occupational interests using comprehensive assessment tools.
• Ensure that you look and feel like a professional through job-readiness workshops.
• Provide you with confidential, one-on-one assistance in resolving personal and professional barriers to career success.
• Offer occupational training to qualified enrollees in high-growth, high-demand occupations in Maricopa County.
• Provide up-to-date labor market information to help you make an informed career decision
• Develop a customized employment plan to assist you in achieving your career goals.
• Provide supportive services for personal, family, and emergency needs. WIA services are funded by federal tax dollars and are generally provided to program enrollees at no cost!
To schedule a Career Guidance appointment, call or visit one of the MWC Career Centers. In the East Valley, the MWC Career Center is located at 735 N. Gilbert Road, Gilbert; (480) 497-0350 or visit www.maricopaworkforceconnection.com.