If you’ve recently become unemployed and believe you are entitled to Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you may file your claim online at www.AZUI.com.
This online application can be used to either file a new Arizona claim or re-activate an existing claim.
If you’re filing for the first time, you will need to have the following documentation available:
• Social Security Number,
• Mailing address, city, state and ZIP code,
• The county where you reside,
• The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all your employers for the last 18 months,
• The last day you worked immediately prior to filing your Unemployment Insurance claim,
• If you received severance (applies only to claims filed after January 1, 2005), vacation, holiday or payment for unused sick pay, the amount (before deductions) and the date it was paid to you,
• The name and local number of your union hall, if applicable,
• Alien Registration Number, if applicable,
• Copy No. 4 of your DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months,
• SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in Federal Civilian service in the last 18 months and
• If you are collecting a pension or social security benefits, you will need the start date of the pension and the monthly benefit amount.
When you file your claim, you may also need to provide the correct mailing address and telephone number for your most recent employer.
The process is fairly simple and the site provides an index of frequently asked questions to help address your concerns.