EastValleyTribune.com provides a number of online resources for parents and others interested in education.
• Visit our local education section — http://eastvalleytribune.com/local/education — for K-12 and higher education news in the East Valley and Arizona. Michelle Reese covers K-12 schools and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 898-6549. Stacie Spring reports on colleges and universities and can be reached at email@example.com or (480) 898-5645.
• On our education home page, check out the tool from GreatSchools.org for researching and comparing schools in East Valley cities. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find it. GreatSchools.org includes demographic data, parents’ reviews of schools, and articles about education and parenting issues.
• See how your child’s school performed on the latest AIMS test — http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/education/aims — and compare the results to other East Valley schools. Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards tests students in reading, math, writing and science. The 2011 scores were released Wednesday.
• Keep up with your favorite high school sports team at Varsity Xtra — http://varsity.evtrib.com — where you can catch the latest preps news and comment in the VXShout box. But watch your language: The Tribune’s “Mom” is always watching.
• Follow education writer Michelle Reese on her EV Moms blog — http://blogs.evtrib.com/evmoms — as she chronicles the joys and trials of parenting.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the city desk at (480) 898-6514 if you’ve got a story tip.