The Ahwatukee McDonald's, 4750 E. Warner Road, at 48th Street and Warner Road, will host a grand opening Jan. 28 to show off a new look. Local elected officials will receive an "Open Door Tour" of the newly remodeled restaurant and assist in a ribbon cutting ceremony at noon on Jan. 28. The restaurant also plans several family-friendly activities to celebrate the grand opening, which will include:
• 11 to 11:30 a.m.: Baile Folkorico Espiritu performance
• 11:30 a.m. to noon: Mountain Pointe High School cheerleaders performance
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Face painting and balloon twisting for kids
• 11:45 a.m.: VIP community leaders arrive/open door tours
• Noon: Ribbon cutting
• Noon to 1 p.m.: Ronald McDonald show and raffle prize giveaway
"We are very excited to unveil a new, larger restaurant that will give our customers a great place to meet, relax and enjoy a good quality meal," said Ken Clement, McDonald's owner/operator. "We are proud to re-invest in the Ahwatukee community and debut the new McDonald's restaurant design to customers."
The 14-year-old, 5,000-square-foot restaurant features a new "arcade" contemporary design; double drive-thru; and a newly remodeled lobby and seating area that features a separate interactive game console area for kids.