Garage fridge sets AF house on fire - East Valley Tribune: Ahwatukee Foothills

Garage fridge sets AF house on fire

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 4:59 pm

An Ahwatukee Foothills family is safe after a refrigerator in their garage caught fire around 3 a.m. on Monday morning.

The house, located near Fifth Avenue and Chandler Boulevard, had working smoke alarms and the family of three was able to get out of the home with no injuries, according to Capt. Berry Morgan of the Phoenix Fire Department.

The garage was full of flames when fire crews arrived and much of the home was a loss, including the family car which was parked in the garage.

Friends of the Tretbar family said the single mom was renting the home. They have set up an account with Arizona Federal Credit Union to try and raise money to replace what was lost. Donations can be made to the Tretbar Family account.

Stay tuned to ahwatukee.com for updates.

More about

  • Discuss

Attorney General Forum - Question 1

Attorney General candidates Republican Mark Brnovich and Democrat Felecia Rotellini debate at ...

Your Az Jobs