Tempe man gets probation in explosive device case - East Valley Tribune: Tempe

Tempe man gets probation in explosive device case

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 12:45 pm

A 19-year-old Tempe man accused of having an improvised explosive device in his bedroom in his family's home has been sentenced to a year of probation.

A Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman says Joshua Prater was sentenced Thursday by a court commissioner.

Prater had been charged with misconduct involving weapons, but he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct last week.

Police have said a cleaning woman in May 2013 found the device inside the home and took it to a fire station.

Firefighters notified police, and the bomb squad responded and disabled the device.

© 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

More about

More about

More about

  • Discuss

EVT Ice Bucket Challenge

The East Valley Tribune accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Your Az Jobs