Fire closes ‘Big Fat Greek’ restaurant - East Valley Tribune: Tempe

Fire closes ‘Big Fat Greek’ restaurant

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 3:56 pm

A fire that caused My Big Fat Greek Restaurant in Tempe to close Thursday and triggered the evacuation of about 75 people from the three-story building appears to be grease-related, according to information from the city.

The fire, which broke out about 4:30 p.m. at 525 S. Mill Ave., also caused the neighboring clothing store, Urban Outfitters, to briefly close.

Employees from the City of Tempe’s human resources and financial services department were evacuated from the building, which is owned by the city, but have since returned to work, according to spokeswoman Nikki Ripley.

Urban Outfitters also has re-opened.

A damage estimate was not available.

More about

More about

  • Discuss

Video: Wilkins Learning Center's Success with Best of Gilbert

Business has soared at the Wilkins Learning Center after being named "Best Preschool" in the E...

Your Az Jobs