Mesa residents are being asked to donate water to the homeless this summer as part of the city's fifth annual Mesa Hydration campaign. From June 1 to Sept. 16, various sites will collect donations that will be distributed to nonprofits that assist the homeless. Last year's effort resulted in more than 109,000 water bottles.
Sites and collection hours are:
• Mesa Fire Department Volunteer Center, 2830 E. Adobe Road, 24-hour drop-off.
• Red Mountain Multigenerational Center, 7550 E. Adobe Road, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays.
• United Food Bank, 245 S. Nina Dr., 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Collection bins will be available on weekends.
• Paz de Cristo, 424 W. Broadway Road, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• A New Leaf/MesaCAN, 635 E. Broadway, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.