As part of its effort to promote healthy lifestyles, Mesa's Banner Children’s Medical Center is encouraging kids to stay active this summer with the Fit Kid Summer Challenge.
The contest is part of Banner Children’s Fit Kid. The free program provides health tips from medical experts, nutritious recipes, fitness ideas and active family events.
Kids can enter the Banner Children’s Fit Kid Family Challenge online at fitkidsummerchallenge.com. Entry is simple:
• Log in and fill out a physical activity log each week for all six weeks of the Summer Challenge.
• Complete 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Examples of activities include walking, jumping rope, playing sports, riding your bike and swimming.
• Complete all six weeks of the Summer Challenge and receive a Banner Children’s Fit Kid Pack.
• Participants will also be automatically entered into weekly prize drawings for free passes for fun activities.
• One grand prize winner will be selected at the conclusion of the challenge and receive the ultimate Fit Kid prize pack.