The Gilbert Police Department release of a new mobile application is now available on both the iTunes and Android platforms. The Gilbert Police Department mobile app provides a one-stop resource to expand the lines of communication between the police department and the community.
Within the Gilbert Police mobile app, users will find options for GPD Info, Crime Maps, Report Crimes, Crime Prevention, DDACTS and social media links:
- GPD Info provides general departmental information and contacts for major police services.
- Crime Maps allows users to research calls for service within a given map area over the last five calendar days.
- Citizens will be able to submit anonymous crime tips through the Report Crimes option.
- Crime Prevention offers an extensive source of information for community members to access regarding programs, resources and other services.
- * DDACTS provides location-based crime and traffic data.
Twitter and Facebook links allow users to stay connected with the department.
“The Town of Gilbert is committed to offering our community the best in technology and access. Gilbert Police Department’s new mobile application does just that by providing a digital tool to open the lines of communication,” said Lt. John Lyle. “The sharing of information increases public awareness and solidifies our continued partnership with the community."
iTunes and Android users can download this new app by visiting Gilbert’s Mobile App Hub at www.gilbertaz.gov/apps.