Approximately 640 graduates will receive diplomas this year from Mesa's Dobson High School.
Dobson High does not have a valedictorian/salutatorian. The school instead honors the top 20 graduates.
Among the Class of 2013's highlights:
- 1 national merit finalist
- 2 national merit commended students
- 3 national Hispanic recognition students
- 1 military academy appointment (US Air Force Academy)
- Scholarship amounts totalling $10,773.05, not including the Wood scholarships.
- Senior highlight – Being able to walk at graduation means something different to Felipe Gonzales. His senior year has not gone as planned. Prior to school starting, Felipe was in a motorcycle accident and was in a coma suffering from a traumatic brain injury. Due to his condition, it was not anticipated that he would be able to begin school with his classmates. However, on the first day of school, Felipe was not to be deterred and attended classes in his wheelchair. After a lot of physical therapy, Felipe will walk at graduation, attend Mesa Community College in the fall and pursue a health science career.