The Chandler Unified School District is a premier district of choice. Academic achievement is a high priority in the district as evidenced by test scores that exceed state and national averages. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding educational programs at all grade levels.
Chandler Unified School District (CUSD) has earned an “A” grade for three straight years. Chandler Unified is one of only 30 districts to earn the top grade, and one of only 10 districts to earn the grade all three years of the Arizona LEARNS letter grade accountability program. We have always believed that the performance of our high schools is a capstone of our combined efforts beginning in elementary school and continuing to junior high and high school. All five high schools — Arizona College Prep (ACP) — Erie, Basha, Chandler, Hamilton and Perry — earned an “A” grade.
Furthermore, CUSD has 10 of the top 100 highest-ranked schools in the entire state. That is more than any other district in the state. The schools are: Hamilton High, Jacobson Elementary, Chandler Traditional Academy (CTA) — Independence, CTA — Liberty, CTA — Goodman, Perry High, ACP — Erie, ACP — Oakland, Fulton Elementary and Ryan Elementary.
In addition to state championships in academics, fine arts and sports, CUSD’s 2014 graduating class earned nearly $90.8 million in college scholarship offers, 21,729 college credit hours and nearly 71,000 service learning hours!
In CUSD, parents may choose from a menu of personalized learning experiences that best meet the needs of their children, including:
• Free full-day kindergarten
• Self-contained gifted programs (Chandler Academically Talented Students)
• Traditional academies
• Mandarin Chinese Language immersion program
• Core Knowledge program
• Single-gender classrooms
• Accelerated middle schools
• STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) diploma
• Nationally recognized academic, fine arts and athletic programs
• College preparatory advanced placement instruction
• Accelerated International Baccalaureate study
• Knox Gifted Academy (STEM emphasis)
• Science and biotech classes that promote critical thinking
• Basha High Academy for grades 6-8
• Exceed standards
• Prepare students for life and career
• Have diverse paths for learning
• Create global understanding
• Provide student-centered learning
• Are problem solvers
• Are engaged learners
• Think critically and creatively
• Are service-oriented
• Are ethical
• Value diversity
I am so confident that we can find the right school environment for your child that I invite you to contact my office so that my staff and I can assist with placement for next year.
• Camille Casteel is the superintendent of Chandler Unified School District.