Residents looking for ways to stay healthy, wealthy and wise will find it all at Mayor Jay Tibshraeny’s Health Connect Expo, 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 6 at the Tumbleweed Recreation Center, 745 E. Germann Rd. The expo will feature fun exercise classes and demonstrations as well as resources on finance, safety, parenting and aging.
“Chandler has plenty to offer in terms of wellness and fitness,” said Mayor Jay Tibshraeny. “My health initiative is also aimed at connecting residents with resources to make sure they also have good mental health, and strong finances.”
The Health Expo will include:
· CPR Training, Chandler Fire Department
· Quick Kid Treats, Storybook Kitchen
· Healthy Meals, Chef Brian Rocco, Dignity Health
· Parenting, Ruth Lucas, MPsych, Dignity Health
· Wills & Trust, Brett Fallon, CRPC, Momentum Financial Partners
· College Planning, Brett Fallon, CRPC, Momentum Financial Partners
· Aging & Your Memory, Jonathan Hodgson, D.O., Dignity Health
· Understanding Depression, Daniel Merrill, M.D., Dignity Health
· Blood Sugar Screening, Dignity Health
· Oral screenings & fluoride varnish applications, First Things First
· EZ Child I.D. Kits, Chandler Police Dept.
· Child Seat Checks, Chandler Fire Dept.
In addition, a vendor expo will include booths with topics on health, wellness, finance, child safety, nutrition and fitness, or visitors can get moving with Zumba, relay races, an obstacle course, Stacy J. Dance Time and a Let’s Get Up & Move class.
Residents are also encouraged to join Mayor Tibshraeny at 10 a.m. in the courtyard as he leads a cycle class along with event co-sponsor Dignity Health President & CEO, Tim Bricker.
For more information visit www.chandleraz.gov/connect.
- City of Chandler