East Valley emergency crews report they saw very little, if any, fireworks-related issues over the holiday weekend.
Gilbert Hospital, as well as the Banner hospitals in the East Valley, say there were no fireworks-related emergency room visits.
In Mesa, a juvenile suffered a minor burn to the hand when trying to remove burning fireworks from a tree, according to the Mesa Fire Department.
A small fire was caused by the improper disposal of fireworks in a trash can, and juveniles playing with fireworks caused a 200-square-foot fire in a field in separate incidents, said Mesa Fire spokesman Forrest Smith.
Among the Mesa, Gilbert, Apache Junction and Queen Creek fire departments, that was the only medical call, Smith said.