Complaints from residents at a Tempe apartment complex prompted a prostitution sting that netted seven East Valley men Tuesday night.
About 13 officers from Tempe’s Attacking Crime Trends in Our Neighborhoods team and street crimes unit participated in the sting, which began about 6 p.m. in the 1900 block of East Apache Boulevard, police Sgt. Greg Brown said.
Brown said the team used undercover female officers walking along Apache Boulevard in the sting, and all of the men propositioned them for sex.
Recent complaints from apartment residents and business owners in the area led to the sting, Brown said.
The men, all cited on suspicion of soliciting prostitution unless otherwise noted, were identified as:
• Fortino Z. Pena, 28, of Mesa, was arrested on suspicion of soliciting prostitution, and on suspicion of felony possession of narcotics and selling narcotics.
• James R. Loop, 36, of Scottsdale, was cited and released.
• Orbelin D. Ramirez, 27, of Tempe, was cited and released.
• Harvey D. Harmon, 65, of Mesa, was cited and released on suspicion of soliciting and indecent exposure.
• Gregory L. Bobel, 35, of Gilbert, was cited and released.
• Todd C. Fuller, 34, of Gilbert, cited and released.
• C. Fragoso-Calderon, 24, of Tempe, was cited and released.
Tempe police regularly conduct stings on Apache Boulevard.