Cigarette blamed in Mesa house fire - East Valley Tribune: East Valley Local News

Cigarette blamed in Mesa house fire

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:39 am | Updated: 1:45 am, Sat Oct 8, 2011.

A cigarette flicked into a couch started a house fire that caused $130,000 damage Monday.

According to Mesa fire Deputy Chief Mike Dunn, a passer-by called 911 at 8 a.m. and a neighbor alerted six people inside the home at 1566 W. Juanita Circle, near Longmore Drive and Baseline Road, as flames began to spread.

The three residents and their three house guests got out safely, Dunn said.

Dunn said the couch was on the back porch of the house.

  • Discuss

Best of Mesa 2014: Teachers

The best teachers of Mesa, as voted by our readers, talk about what it feels like to shape the...

Facebook

EastValleyTribune.com on Facebook

Twitter

EastValleyTribune.com on Twitter

Google+

EastValleyTribune.com on Google+

RSS

Subscribe to EastValleyTribune.com via RSS

RSS Feeds

Spacer4px
Your Az Jobs