'Desperate Housewives' actor denies rumors - East Valley Tribune: Get Out

'Desperate Housewives' actor denies rumors

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:27 pm | Updated: 8:22 am, Fri Oct 7, 2011.

DETROIT - Former "Desperate Housewives" actor Page Kennedy says he wasn't fired from the hit show because of any improper behavior. Kennedy said officials merely wanted to recast his role and that reports of him being let go for on-set nudity are false.

"There are a lot of stories that have been told, but the truth of the matter is that Touchstone (the show's producer) decided to go in a new direction, and they bought out my contract," Kennedy told the Detroit Free Press.

Publicists for the series have said Kennedy, who joined the show this season, was fired earlier this month after a "thorough investigation by the studio" of allegations of improper conduct made against him.

Kennedy, 28, said he's concerned about the damage the allegations could do to his image, at least in the short term.

"I feel that my life will be looked at under a microscope now," he told The Detroit News. "Anything that I do or am perceived to do will make news."

Kennedy played Caleb, a character shrouded in mystery and seen only briefly as he was held captive in the basement of Wisteria Lane newcomer Betty Applewhite (Alfre Woodard). The role has been recast, and Kennedy's final appearance on the ABC series aired Sunday.

Kennedy, who has appeared in the HBO series "Six Feet Under," plays a small role in the "In the Mix," which stars Usher and is set to open on Nov. 23.

  • Discuss

Attorney General Forum - Question 1

Attorney General candidates Republican Mark Brnovich and Democrat Felecia Rotellini debate at ...

Facebook

GetOut on Facebook

Twitter

GetOut on Twitter

Google+

GetOut on Google+

RSS

Subscribe to GetOut via RSS

RSS Feeds

Spacer4px
Your Az Jobs