Are you partial to post-apocalyptic movies? Do you think Mad Max is marvelous and meteors are magnificent? Are you zany for zombies - or does a UFO invasion make you euphoric? If so, then downtown Mesa’s 2ND Friday celebration is for you. On October 12, 2012, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m., Main Street in Mesa gets its Armageddon on for its “Apocalypse Party” themed art walk.
Eccentric downtown Mesa and 2ND Friday themed art walks are renowned for fantastic fun and amazing adventures. The events always offer fun entertainment, live music, dining, art and unique shopping opportunities. The featured activities for October will include:
• Zombie Walk: Downtown Mesa’s original “zombie” themed event will once again bring downtown’s Main Street back to life.
• Apocalypse Party Costume Contest: This “Judgment Day” includes a costume contest! Come in whatever your favorite apocalyptic poison may be - Zombies, Alien Invasion, Cthulhu Cult, Mad Max or your favorite end-of-the-world themed video game. Prizes awarded for the best Zombie, Sci-Fi, Kids and Most Creative.
• Haunted Basement Tour: The OneOhOne Gallery will be providing tours of their haunted basement and screening the 5-minute movie "The Basement" as part of the experience.
• Halloween Face Painting: Didn’t have time to put your costume together? No worries - an onsite face-artist can monster you up in no-time.
• End-of-Days Sign Contest: Prizes for the most original and creative “End is Near” themed signs.
• Kid’s Activities: Prizes and Halloween-themed activities for the kids.
• Girlfriends for Pink: Charity Event for the American Cancer Society & MD Anderson at the Aesthetics Institute & Laser Sciences (202 W. Main St. #102).
Mesa’s 2nd Friday is the winner of the 2010 New Times “Best of Phoenix – Block Party” and was nominated for the 2011 “Best Arts Festival!” 2nd Friday brings thousands of people together for an evening of fun, food and entertainment as they experience the local culture and creativity of historic downtown Mesa.cost
Historic Downtown Mesa
0 - 300 West Main Street Mesa, AZ 85201