Total Votes: 1959
Current users sign in here.
YES! 70% agree. The other 30%? They must be illegals!
It needs to be made retroactive, too.
If your mama snuck across the border line and dropped you out of her loins, you need to return the favor and take your mama back to Michoacan when you go.
Adios, alien invaders.
The 14th Amendment was written in 1868. Borders then compared to now have changed.
Besides, a child should not get citizenship because the parent(s) ignored our border.
Time to make an admendment for modern times....
The key words in the 14th Amendment are "subject to the jurisdiction thereof."
Only the most feeble-brained, illegal-alien-lovers will attempt to persuade us that a pregnant campesino who sneaks over the border and gives birth in the ER would qualify under the 14th and actually be giving birth to an American citizen.
It sure doesn't work that way in Mexico. Soon, it won't be that way here, either. The law, clarified for all to see. What a beautiful thing!
Viva La Migra!
The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with immigration. It was ratified after the Civil War to establish the citizenship status of former slaves and Native Americans at that time. Immigration is not an amendment to the Constitution. Nope. It is in Article I, section 8, which lists the LIMITED powers of Congress. One of those LIMITED powers is to establish a uniform rule of naturalization. It's right there, folks. So, where did the "anchor baby--birthright citizenship" notion come from? Hmm, could it be all of those illegal alien enablers and their politicians? Hmmm.........
This discussion has been going on for decades, yet no one in DC has done anything to amend the 14th and change it. No one. On any part of the political spectrum. Why is that?
Because no one in DC wants to touch this with a 10 foot pole!
Rollercam, just goes to show how stupid you are. 70% in agreement should be bad for you. That means, let me spell it slowly for you.... that 70% agree that children born in the US by illegals is OK. I am guessing you want it to be not OK, then you should be on the side of the 30% [beam]
East Valley Tribune presents '2013 Best of East Valley'; meet all 71 winners!
Running in Pat's Run? Precautions in place
Photos: Scene of explosions near Boston Marathon finish line
Boston Marathon explosion update: 259 Arizonans participated in race
Valley couch potato turns sofa into a real, working, drivable vehicle
Disney redesigns Sparky the Sun Devil mascot for ASU
East Valley Tribune
Phone number: 480-TRIBUNE
Address: 1620 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Ste. 219
Tempe, AZ 85282
More Contact Information...
We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!
A Division of 10/13 Communications