Current users sign in here.
We have so much to be proud of!
East Valley History . . . also
The Hohokam Indians built the original canal system that spread over 125 miles in Arizona. The Mesa Canal was enlarger with heavy machinery in 1895 by Dr. A.J. Chandler to allow enough water flow to start an electric power plant. The City of Mesa purchased the utility company in 1917. It is still used today.
In 1891, Dr. Alexander John Chandler, the first veterinary surgeon for the territory of Arizona, bought 80 acres of land from the federal government south of Mesa in the Salt River Valley.
Dr. A.J. Chandler also built the first retail/office complex in Mesa. This building was located on the northwest corner of Main and Macdonald. It used the first evaporative air-cooling system in Arizona.
He later started the city of Chandler, bearing his name, south of Mesa.
East Valley Tribune presents '2013 Best of East Valley'; meet all 71 winners!
Running in Pat's Run? Precautions in place
Photos: Scene of explosions near Boston Marathon finish line
Boston Marathon explosion update: 259 Arizonans participated in race
Valley couch potato turns sofa into a real, working, drivable vehicle
Disney redesigns Sparky the Sun Devil mascot for ASU
East Valley Tribune
Phone number: 480-TRIBUNE
Address: 1620 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Ste. 219
Tempe, AZ 85282
More Contact Information...
We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!
A Division of 10/13 Communications